¼ cup nut butter (almond, cashew, or sunflower seed)
3 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
½ cup almond milk
1 cup oat flour
½ cup protein powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2. In a bowl, whisk together nut butter, eggs, honey, coconut oil, and almond milk. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
3. The batter should be somewhat thick, but if it’s clumpy or difficult to stir, add a little more almond milk or water.
4. Spray the donut pan with coconut oil or use a paper towel to coat each donut ring.
5. Using a spoon, fill each donut ring ¾ the way full of batter. When finished, gently tap the donut pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles and settle the contents.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown on top.
7. Remove from oven and tap pan gently on a heat-proof surface to loosen. Turn donuts out onto a cooling rack. Allow donuts to cool and enjoy!
8. If desired, you can ‘frost’ them with your favorite nut butter or a mixture of Greek yogurt and honey (1/2 cup Greek yogurt + 1 teaspoon honey).
Inspired by The Clean Eating Couple