3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 large cauliflower head, cut into florets
½ cup sliced almonds
2 cups fresh arugula
4 Medjool dates, chopped
½ cup red onion, sliced thin
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. Whisk 1 Tbsp of olive oil with the spices in a small bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Pour the spice mixture over the top and toss again to evenly coat.
4. Spread the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
5. While the cauliflower cools, put the sliced almonds in a dry skillet and toast over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
6. Place the roasted cauliflower in a large bowl and add the arugula, dates, red onion, and toasted almonds. Pour the remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil over the top, toss, and season with more black pepper to taste.
Inspired by The Paleo Diet